Choices organization began in 1986 with a few civic minded individuals who found people willing to open their homes to women and children who were leaving violent situations.
- In 1996 Choices bought the building we are in now and obtained a grant for operating expenses.
- In 1997 we opened the shelter with 18 beds and were full the first 11 months of operation.
- August of 1998 we had a fire that destroyed the inside of the building.
- After repairs and MUCH community support we re-opened – at the same location. In March of 1999 with 18 beds and a new facility, two families moved in on our first day of operation.
What is CHOICES?
Choices is the Council on Domestic Violence for Page County, Inc. Confidential services are provided free of charge to any individual who is, or has been:
a) Involved in a situation of physical, verbal, or emotional abuse.
b) A victim of sexual abuse or rape.
We are a non-profit organization funded solely through State, Federal, and Private grants, donations, community support and the United Way of Page County.
Our Mission is:
To prevent both domestic and sexual violence through public awareness and education, and to serve as a resource and safe haven to those affected.
- 24-hour a day hotline: 540.743.4414
- Emergency Shelter
- Crisis Counseling
- Individual Peer Counseling
- Support Groups
- Legal Advocacy